Department of Community Medicine is well equipped with all the facilities for teaching and training of undergraduate students like museum having models, charts and specimens, demonstration room well equipped with audiovisual teaching aids. Three rural health training centers and one urban health training center is also attached with the department through the Director of the institute for public health visits and field case studies of students. Along with teaching and training of students department has also vision to provide promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services to catering population and facilitate implementation of National Health Programmes in the catering areas.
The department envisions to become a centre of excellence in community oriented medical education and population based medical research and envisages to establish model health centres for providing comprehensive health services to the community
1. To provide knowledge and skill to medical students through its innovative community-based medical education.to function as community & first level physician.
2. To train and undertake epidemiological investigations , prevent and control future epidemics
3. To collaborate with other sectors and departments to train and empower peripheral level health workforce in delivering community health services
4. To promote healthy lifestyle in community
5. To carry out public health research and advocate for application of research findings in healthcare
6. To provide Knowledge and Skills for prevention and control of Public health problems
7. To provide and promote appropriate preventive, promotive and curative and rehabilitative services to the community
Dr Anurag Srivastava
Dr. Anurag Srivastava has completed his MBBS from King George’s Medical University, Lucknow and MD (Community Medicine) from GSVM Medical College, Kanpur. He has 12 years of teaching experience after his post graduation. He has good research orientation; having total 31 publications in various indexed National and International Journals and attended several National and International Conferences/Workshops/Seminars. He has also completed different research projects funded by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, ICMR and UNICEF. He is also contributing in various Journals as Managing editor, Member of Editorial Board and Peer Reviewer.