Otorhinolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery is a surgical subspeciality which deals with diseases extending from dura to pleura. Our department, an integral part of the institute is accoutered with modern state-of- art equipments and provides comprehensive medical services to patients with diseases affecting ENT- Head and Neck region. The department, living up to the motto of the institution, is working hard to provide the best treatment possible for Ear, Nose and Throat related ailments. Be it modern diagnostic aids or latest surgical methods, we keep ourselves up to date and this never ending quest for knowledge continues. The interdepartmental collaboration with other departments such as General Medicine, General Surgery, Paediatrics, Radiology, Pathology, Oral and Maxillofacial surgery, Speech and Hearing Department has helped us in setting up various speciality clinics.
1. To provide high quality, affordable and accessible patient care
2. Establish excellence in medical education for undergraduates, post graduates, nursing and paramedical staff
3. To cultivate and encourage scientific research
To provide high quality, affordable patient services & envisions to establish a centre of excellence in medical education and research.
Dr. Rahul Kumar Bagla
Dr Rajesh Roshan
Fellow in Rhinoplasty & Facial Plastic Surgery.
Assistant Professor & Head
Dr Rahul Kumar bagla earned his MBBS degree from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi and M.S. (ENT) degree from University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. After pursuing senior residency, he joined as ENT specialist in ESIC Model Hospital, Noida. He has recieved fellowship in Rhinoplasty & Facial Plastic Surgery. Presently working as Assistant Professor in Government Institute of Medical Sciences, Greater Noida.
Head and Neck Cancer Surgery
Facial Plastic Surgery
1.17th workshop on FESS at Taj Krishna, Hyderabad on 11th to 13th Feb 2011.
2. 2nd International Course on "Sialendoscopy" November 11-12, 2010,UCMS DELHI.
3. 3rd International Course on "Sialendoscopy" on December 2-3, 2011 at UCMS-GTB Hospital, New Delhi, India.
4. Advanced Course on "Middle Ear Reconstruction" & Symposium on "Middle Ear Mechanics" on December 4-5, 2011 at UCMS-GTB Hospital, New Delhi, India.
5. The 4th LION December Broadcast, Wednesday, December 14th 2011: "Stapes Surgery, How We Do it" LION (Live International Otolaryngology Network) Winter Global Broadcast.
6. International Course on "Tinnitus Retraining Therapy (TRT)" on February 10 -12, 2012 at UCMS-GTB Hospital, New Delhi, India.
7. Principal of Ethics in Clinical research on 20th September 2018.
8. International CME-cum-Workshop Recent Updates in Mind, Body & Medicine on 20th November 2018 in collaboration with Department of Psychology (GBU).
9. 1st Annual Otolaryngology Update - Head and Neck Oncology on 14th December 2018.
10. International Conference on Cancer of Larynx and Hypophayrnx, UCMS & GTBH, DELHI, 21-22 December, 2018.
11. "Certificate course in IAP Basic Life Support" held at Govt Institute of Medical Sciences, Greater Noida, UP, India on 19th May 2019
12. "Curriculum Implementation Support Program" 3 days training program held at Govt Institute of Medical Sciences, Greater Noida, UP, India on 25th -27th July 2019
13. CME cum Awareness programme on “Body and Organ Donation – Live Beyond Life” on 18 th September 2019.
14. CME cum workshop on “Current trends and future prospects in Pharmacovigilance – An integral part of Medicine Safety” on 26th & 27th September, 2019
15. Hands-on-training Workshop on "Small-Group Teaching Methodologies" held at Army College of Medical Sciences, Delhi Cantt, India on 1st Nov 2019
16. "Revised Basic Course Workshop in Medical Educational Technologies" 3 days training program conducted by Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, Regional Centre at Govt Institute of Medical Sciences, Greater Noida, UP, India at 3rd to 5th December 2019
17. "AETCOM Sensitization Program for Attitude, Ethics and Communication" conducted by Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, Regional Centre in Medical Education Technologies at Govt Institute of Medical Sciences, Greater Noida, UP, India on 6th December 2019
18. International Conference on Oral Cancer and Reconsconstruction, UCMS & GTBH, DELHI, 13-14 December, 2019.
1. Gupta N, Singh PP, Bagla RK. Will Septal Correction Surgery for Deviated Nasal Septum Improve the Sense of Smell? A Prospective Study.
Surg Res Pract. 2015; 32: 496-505.
2. Aprajita, Bharti Bhandari Rathore, Vivek Kumar Sharma, Rahul Kumar Bagla, Mamta Mohan. Attitude, Ethics and Communication competencies training module in undergraduate medical students. International Journal of Integrated Medicine 2019;1(1):37-43.
3. Mamta Mohan,Aprajita, Vivek Kumar Sharma, Rahul Kumar Bagla. The upcoming era of Nanotechnology: Revolutionizing medicine”. International Journal of Integrated Medicine 2019;1(1):55-60.
1. OPD consultation
2. Well-equipped minor OT
3. Clinical examination
4. Sound proof audiometry room
5. Speech therapy
6. Diagnostic endoscopy
7. Various speciality clinics like Vertigo clinic, Head and Neck Cancer clinic, Otology clinic and Rhinology clinic are also conducted.
8. All routine ENT operations – Tonsillectomy, Adenoidectomy, Tympanoplasty, Mastoid surgeries. Endoscopic Sinus surgeries, Rhinoplasty (open and closed), Endoscopic DCR, Microlaryngeal surgeries and Cancer surgeries like Parotid, Submandibular, Laryngectomy, Maxillectomy, Radical neck dissection.
9. We are well equipped with rigid nasal endoscopes , otoendoscope, flexible nasopharyngolaryngoscopes, rigid telescopy of larynx including laryngoscopy and all recording system.
10. Pradhanmantri Jan Aarogya Yojna - Ayushmann Bharat
1. Intratympanic corticosteroid administration as a primary treatment for idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss.
2. Pre-malignant lesions of oral cavity - A clinicopathological study.
3. Prevalance of noise induced hearing loss in bus drivers of western Uttar Pradesh.
4. Assessment of Hearing status in smokers - A Hospital based cross-sectional study.
5. A comparative study on microbiological profile and antibiogram of surface and core microflora in patients with chronic tonsillitis.
6. Diagnostic accuracy of FNAC in thyroid swelling by comparing it to histopathology report.
7. Prevalence of Chronic Suppurative Otitis Media (CSOM) and Associated Hearing Impairment Among School-aged Children in Greater noida.
“We aim to serve mankind with the knowledge bestowed upon us by the almighty and trust laid in us by man”
IN PATIENT WARDS